by Kevin Thompson
So we are at the stage where all the electrics go and all the lights too. I saved on the back lights as I told you in the last episode (part 7) I got some trailer lights as they were cheaper than the original ones costing £42 each and the trailer one's costing £5.95 each.
I know they're not original but I wanted something different too same as the front ones they are off a Land Rover; I think they are Defender ones but not sure also costing £42 each for the original again saving money as the Land Rover lights cost £5 each. So they were fitted and all working ( as shown in pictures ).
Then was the head lights to be fitted now as least these were still good and original I was thinking down the road of angel lights but thought no - I was trying to keep to a budget here. Then when all was fitted I went back to my laptop just to check my wiring was all ok and check all the circuits.
All was ok to stay. I am not fond of electrics really - I hate them as they always hurt you lol or you blow something and then you know about it. Or you spend ages looking to find a fault but you never look at the fuse until you've torn your hair out. That's why am almost bald!
So that's the electrics all done but I will be fitting more lights for the inside (more on that later) but it was my next challenge to refit all the windows and headlining next but that's in part 9.
If you enjoyed Kevin's blog, please support the group - give or buy in our shop
All profits help fund future group activities
Filter by Author
Filter by Month