by Kevin Thompson
After all the painting was done it was time to do the dreaded thing - I think "Will this be fun or not?" (cue music den den der ). OK - it wasn't that dramatic but yes - it's time for the electrics!
"Oh crikey!" he says. "Who pulled them out?" (was not me) Well it was really... well after looking at some of it some was ok and some of it was not and had to be replaced. From the dashboard it ran down under the under body where it had 30 years of road dirt etc and was very brittle so that got replaced and trunked in side of the Reliant.
As you can see a couple of pictures I started to put the wiring back in. Now I am not very good with wiring but I did my very best with remembering where it all went. Good job I wrote everything down and pictures and copied everything as well just to make sure everything was going ok to a point.
I had to put my laptop on to see if I was going in the right place good job I could plug into the dash board (lol)
So the back lights had to be fitted now I could go for the original ones but they were way too expensive, so I got some trailer type ones that cost about £4.95 each and put them in but had to blank off the big hole at the back.
And this is what I did then I fitted the rear lights in but I will show them in the next part until then bye for now
Filter by Author
Filter by Month