by Kevin Thompson
We left off in part 3 with the chassis being painted then rubbed down and under coated then painted in black gloss - still just as good though.
Then I started on the back axle and all the wheel hubs and the shockers too with springs as well I went to on them all even the front A Frame as well!
In the next picture there's a guy who painted it all. I don't know who he is though lol but he was pretty good, so I let him paint the whole lot - saved me a job!
After all that was done, I started to refurbish the steering box as it was weeping a bit and we cannot get another one any more as they don't make them.
If they did it would cost a fortune. Even today the second hand ones can cost around £150/200 but luckily I have 2 spares and they are mine! lol
I might sell one - we will see - so it got a good clean and instead of oil in it I packed it with grease so it won't leak any more as they do fail in the MOT with leaks or weeping.
After all the cleaning and painting I left them all to dry. I had if I remember left them for a few days to really dry out ready for reassembly. That was done over a few days, rebuilding all with new shiny wimy parts and after a few days I had a rolling chassis again ready for the body to be put back on!
In part 5, I make a start on the Reliant's body
Filter by Author
Filter by Month