by Kevin Thompson
Well left off at the body was ready to come off now and was on the floor awaiting prep but that shoved to one side.
It was the time for the engine to come out it was eeewwwww yuk dam well was filthy so it was a good strip down but before I did that I looked at the chassis. It was good as being galvanised but was going to clean it up and repaint it, so there was a lot of rust not one bolt came off peacefully most had to be grinded off even the prop nuts would not move after 30 on the road what would you expect.
So after many words with it all the nuts and bolts were off now and had just the chassis all sanded down then I turned to my front wheel hub/axle. Good job I did take it off as it was starting to rot on the clamp sides ( you might just make it out) so after dismantling all what on it was scrap and had to source another one but that was later so after a lot of cleaning and wire brushing the chassis was ready for painting.
Next the time - the paint job.
Filter by Author
Filter by Month